top of page

Huize Placida was built in 1780 by the steward of the castle of Boxmeer. Later, in 1896, the castle became the property of the congregation of the Sisters of Julie Postel and around that time Huize Placida also came into the hands of the Sisters.

During the Second World War, there was heavy fighting in this area and the building was damaged by a grenade attack, at which time many original elements were lost.

In the 1950s, a hospital was established in the castle. The director-physician lived with 10 children in Huize Placida.

The house then came into the possession of private residents.

bottom of page